Sunday, March 1, 2009

I'm a coupon clipper

I have never been good at coupon clipping. Either I don't use the item that is on sale or I forget to bring it when I purchase the item. Lately, I have been looking at different websites and blogs on how to save money in groceries. I have been very hesitant because I don't know how to use coupons or how to "work the system" to get items for cheap or even free. I have decided to try it so I am starting out small and with very few purchases. I ventured out to Target, with coupons in hand, and got 10 bags of goldfish. The final cost for each bag was .79. So I thought, I could do this. Next mission was Progresso Soup at Smiths. It's on sale this week for $1.33 (regular price $1.65) and with a coupon from online it's $1.10 off. I bought 30 cans with the total of $8.10! That made each can 23cents! I saved over $42.00. Can you believe it! I am so excited! Not only did I save money in groceries but I have added to my food storage. Now for my next mission...

3 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

I am just getting into coupons and it is so fun! Where did you get the Progresso coupons? Hilary (Pope) just told me about a web site called mypoints.com. You get points each time you print a coupon and points when you use the coupon. I just signed up for it, but sounds cool. You accumulate points and earn gift cards! Hilary is really into it too and has great ideas on her blog. There is a link to her's on my blog.

Charalece said...

Go to this website and you can print it off.
http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=1160875
I'll have to check out mypoints.com. Thanks. I need all the help (and advice) I can get.

Anonymous said...

You should check out my friends blog. She is always posting pictures of her great deals and she has a couple links to great coupon sites. http://emilyhschneider.blogspot.com/ That is an awesome buy on soup! You can't even make broth for 27 cents!