Friday, February 20, 2009

The dog that never died

We have an apartment in our basement. The couple that lives downstairs own a dog, Max, a Texas Heeler. I really don't like dogs even though I grew up with many dogs, my favorites were 2 cocker spaniels named Canela and Sapo (Spanish names for Carmel and Toad...but that is for another blog). We own a dog as well. Actually we use to have 2 dogs but Stitch (a Golden Retriever) was too high maintenance so we sold him. Anyways, Max has become aggressive and barks at everyone. He also has learned how to jump the fence. So we told our renters that they probably better get rid of him. To our surprise, they told us they were going to "put him to sleep". Such a cruel thing, but then again I don't like dogs. The day they took him to the vet we told our kids that Max died. Kailene, who is so tender hearted, felt bad and wrote them a cute note for them (she is very creative and loves to write notes). We gave them cookies with the
note.
A couple days later, our renter came up and told us that he couldn't stand it any longer and had to go get Max. I guess they wait a couple of days before they put them to sleep. So now we still have Max (whose probably better off dead than alive) and have to explain to the kids that Max has resurrected from the dead. Good Grief!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so not funny but really, hilarious. I actually can't stand any animals either. Greg says I am depriving the children. I told him if they want a dog they can go to the neighbors.