Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Old McDonald had a farm

I was out voted 5-2 (Sterling votes with me) and we got chickens. Paul has been begging me to get chickens. Our neighbor built a deluxe hen "spa" and so we asked him to build us one. It really is a sight! Those chickens are living in luxury. We don't even have to fetch the eggs. They just roll down in a separate compartment. So now we've become farmers. Actually I gave in because I thought it would save us money and be pretty neat experience for the kids. You are all welcome to come look at the chicks. They are really cute right now. And in 6 months they should be producing eggs so if you ever need to borrow an egg, give us a call.



All the chicks huddled together under the heat lamp to get warm. So CUTE!

Painting the chicken coop



The deluxe hen "spa"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We want to come see them!

mjnetty said...

Wow! I can't believe you really did it. We want to come see also!