Saturday, February 11, 2012

LASIK!

Because of all my eye problems, we (I) decided to push up the urgency of getting LASIK. As soon as my doctor cleared me, I set the appt. for December 7th. I thought I would be nervous but I was so excited. It took about 10 minutes for both eyes and I have a video of it. It's pretty cool and disgusting at the same time. I have an astigmatism so I actually got PRK which is more painful and a longer healing process than LASIK but I said Bring it On! And guess what? It was not painful at all. That's what I was most nervous about was the pain. I was waiting for it and wondering when it was going to hit. I got all the meds just in case it happened in the middle of the night. Nothing, not even discomfort. I was pleasantly surprised. I even went to dinner that night with friends, which the docs said I wouldn't feel up to it. I couldn't read the menu and everyone was blurry but other than that, it was fun. The next night we went up to Salt Lake, our annual trip with the Daytons at the Kimball. I still felt great but my vision got worse. Nothing like a lot of little Christmas lights blurry. Sunday we went to the broadcast of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. I have lived in Utah my whole life and never been to it. It was so amazing to be there in person. So beautiful. The spirit is so strong as they sing their testimonies to everyone. My eyes are blurry so I pretty much just sat there with my eyes closed and listened.
The blurryness lasted about a week. I couldn't read or watch anything. Even when it was close up. It was pretty frustrating. Now I can see well and am thrilled about it. No more glasses or contacts. I can't wait to go swimming and not have to worry if my contact fell out. And no more worrying about taking out and putting in contacts when I go camping. My lucky husband got to have LASIK done a month after me. Now we both can really see each other's flaws, before they were covered with (rose-colored) glasses. :)

No comments: