Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Fall Break-Vegas and Phantom

It's so nice to have a brother and sister-in-law who lives in Vegas so we can go there for a cheap vacation. We actually started the Fall break up in Park City. My dad got 2-bedroom condos and told anyone who wanted to go up can. My dad forgets that he has 5 daughters and we all wanted to go. Even my brother came. We ended up with 5 families (5-6 kids each) plus my parents in a 2 bedroom condo. We didn't stay in the condo much but went swimming and played with the kids and even went to a wonderful Mexican restaurant. The kids had fun. They LOVE being around cousins. The Talbots left because we were heading for Las Vegas the next morning.
We head out to Las Vegas by lunchtime. Kids were pretty good travelers. I have learned it is all in the seat assignments. Is it just my family or do you have the same issues? We get to Vegas and have time to go to the butterfly park (our favorite park). It has squishy floormats, water features, and lots of places to run around. Brad now thinks he is too old for it and wants to just hang out with the adults. He is growing up. STOP! I hate that he is growing up. The kids enjoy it and we head over to Russ and Michele. We had to get ready for Phantom. A few weeks ago my sister called me and told me she could get tickets for $35 from Ben Hall (he is an ex-boyfriend and is Raul understudy). I love Phantom (not as much as Wicked, though). It was phenominal. When Phantom sang his tenor notes, it just melted my heart. I loved it and on top of the great price we were on the 5th row!!! I love plays and get all excited like a little girl on Christmas morning. I couldn't even eat before and was still happy afterwards. We go to a restaurant in the Venice hotel and have wonderful time with Russ and Michele. The night ended at the Belagio to watch the waterfall show. Vegas is sure different when you don't have children. It was a romantic evening with my husband (and my brother and sister-in-law that tagged along, but I didn't notice them).

The next morning we head over to the butterfly park, eat Mummy Dogs (like pigs in a blanket) and go swimming. The pool was freezing but that didn't stop our kids from swimming. They went from the hot tub to the pool. We stayed home and ate hamburgers and steaks while watching the world series. It was a relaxing evening.

Sunday we went to another ward since it was stake conference for Russ and Michele. It was their primary program so it was entertaining for our children. Russ invited over the missionaries to teach the discussions to an investigator friend. Way to go Russ for always being a missionary! I would love to live in the mission field but am content raising my family and being an example to others in happy valley. I may not be teaching others the gospel but I am teaching future missionaries who will go out someday and will teach to others. I was assigned kitchen help and slaved away making lunch (it was no lunch, it was meat and potatoes, gravy, corn, rolls, and dessert!). When they finished the discussion, we ate. It was delicious! We headed out and come home sweet home.

No comments: