Sunday, February 12, 2012

Brittany's wedding

The first grandchild got married in December. The first of many (right now my parents have 46 grandchildren, you can say it's pretty chaotic when we get together but so much fun!!). Hopefully, we can make it to all or most of them. This one was in Georgia. Yeah! I haven't been to Georgia in 6 years. I was excited to see Georgia and see old friends again (Paul and I met in Georgia and lived there after we graduated from BYU for 3 years).
The plan was for Paul and I to fly on Delta on standby. We didn't have any other backup plans (big mistake). When we got to the airport we realized that flying on a different airline we are put at the bottom of the barrel unlike JetBlue which priority seating is when you check in (I love JetBlue). We couldn't get on the first flight so we waited for the next flight which was a few hours later and couldn't get on that one either. We decided to try to fly through Dallas and then go to Atlanta. We almost made it on that flight but didn't. We gave up and came home. I was frustrated. Paul's mom drove down from Idaho to help out with the kids. Big surprise when we came home! We exhausted all our options ways to get out that night or the next day. At this point all my sisters (yep, everyone was going to the wedding) were texting me and wondering when I was coming. I told them I probably wasn't. Of course, they wouldn't hear of it and my sister, Audralyn, called me and told me that she is flying me out on frequent flier miles. I was so emotional wreck. I thought I would be okay to not go but I knew I would be missing out on memories and times with my family. It was one of the nicest things. What would I do without my sisters! Unfortunately Paul couldn't come but it worked out for the best because Grandma could go back home and Paul took care of the kids (big relief, Sterling got strep and glad Grandma didn't have to deal with that). I felt bad for my kids because they were looking forward to spending time with Grandma and felt guilty that she had to turn around and drive back the next day. I wished she could have stayed and helped Paul out but she had to get back home.
I flew out the next day and met my family with open arms and tearing eyes. Let the party begin!
When I arrived, we put together the center pieces, went to a dinner hosted by the grooms family and stayed up late talking. The place we stayed was Cindy's (my sister in law) brothers house right on the lake. It was AMAZING and so much fun. It fit all of us, 6 sisters, 2 brother in laws, 1 brother and his wife and kids, and 2 babies. So fun for all of us to be together (my parents stayed at Greg's, my brother, house).
The next day was the wedding. My dad was the sealer which was made it personal. It got pretty emotional when he spoke about Grandpa Cronquist's (Cindy's dad) who passed away many years ago. He was a great man. Then pictures and some down time before the reception. We all decided to go to Slopes which is a famous BBQ restaurant. Delicious. We then headed to the reception center to help with the set up. Lots to do but with many helping hands we got it all done. Great reception and it was fun to see people I haven't seen in years. By the end of the day, I was exhausted! No late night just nighty night.
(Sidenote, we saw Santa Claus driving by in his red (sleigh) car, it was so much fun. He looked perfect. We had to all take a picture and sent it to our kids saying we saw Santa in Atlanta!)
The next day was Sunday which was my favorite day. Of course, it was only the right thing to do as a Bluth is sing in their ward (roll of the eyes). I love singing not just all the attention I get. We sang Mary's Lullaby in 4 part harmony and it sounded beautiful. We headed back to cabin and ate (leftovers from the reception) and sat around and talked. It was so enjoyable. We talked and laughed for hours. Then Greg made us sing again because his mother in law didn't hear the song. We sang acapella. Again, it was beautiful. Love making these memories.
Monday we went to downtown Atlanta. We walked around Martin Luthur King Jr Museum,
drove by Centennial Park where the Olympics were held and ate at Chicken and Pancakes owned by Gladys Knight.
That night DeLayne, Audralyn and I went shopping at the outlets. We were the 3 musketeers. None of us had our husbands and we had so much fun together. Good times.
Tuesday was travel day. I actually flew with Audralyn to Houston and then home to Salt Lake.

1 comment:

Brent said...

Why didn't I come to this? I love your family and I love Greg and his family. I should have come.

Brent