Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Broadway Bound

I blame it all on my sister, DeLayne, for all the crazy things I do (waking up early to be on TV for a cupcake segment, being an extra in a movie...watch for me in the 12 Dogs of Christmas, okay so I probably won't be in it but it doesn't hurt to try). She always has these wacky ideas that we think are fun and we end up doing them and then ask ourselves why we do them? She can always count on me. I'm always willing to challenge myself, or make a fool of myself. I'm creating memories for my kids, right? So when my sister asked if I wanted to be in a show at the Scera, I jumped at the opportunity. At first she wanted me to sing but I don't have the confidence my sisters do to hold a mic 2 inches away from my face. No way! But I can dance so I tried out for the dancing numbers.
Every year the Scera has a Broadway show where they have musical numbers from Broadway musicals. It's always a good show. This year they were putting on 2 dancing numbers, Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious from Mary Poppins and Seize the Day from Newsies. I love both those shows!! My 2 sisters tried outwith me and we all made it! What fun this will be, except I am sick and pregnant (only 10 weeks along). At first I thought we were only going to dance in 1 number but the choreographer wanted us to dance in both numbers. After learning the first dance (in one night!), I was exhausted and brain dead. Most of the other dancers were in their 20s. They picked it up so fast. My sisters and I had to practice every day to learn it and remember it. It was hard stuff. But come performance day it was all worth it and something to look forward to. It ran for 1 week. My best night was when all the family came. Such energy and fun. So what's my next adventure...Broadway? New York? You'll just have to see...

1 comment:

Meredith said...

That is so cool I wanna be as cool as you when I grow up! I hope your next stop is Broadway.