Sunday, October 16, 2011

Summer activities


This summer has been my favorite so far. We didn't go anywhere (except for Idaho) but explored Utah and loved it!
This is how our weeks went throughout the summer:

Swimming at AF pool twice a week
Alpine park (best park ever!!) twice a week
PG lake and/or Cedar Hills park once a week

Obviously we were outside every day. We always met up with cousins at each event either swimming, or at the park, or at the lake. In July, the Allens came to visit for 3 weeks and we loved it. We did so much with the Allens while they were here...swimming, boating, timp cave, Stadium of Fire, Seven Peaks. I have to say something about Seven Peaks. I am not a fan. Too much money, you have to pay to park plus more for tubes, and you can't bring in any food. Well, reluntantly I went because I had free passes. It rained around 5pm and everyone (no joke EVERYONE) left. It only rained for about 15-20 minutes but they had to wait to make sure that no lightening was in the area. Of course we stayed, we always are the last ones to leave seven peaks. About 30 minutes later, they reopened the park and we had it all to ourselves. We went from ride to ride. The rides were so fast that my sister, Audralyn, and I would leave our 3 year olds at the bottom of the ride and go up to the top and meet them a few minutes later. It was a blast! The best experience I have had at Seven Peaks ever!
At the end of July, we had our Chinese students for 3 weeks which is always a treat. Last year it was really hard because I had some difficult students but this year was awesome! They were so respectful and fun to be with. I love inviting them into my homes, even though I think it is hilarious that they come to Utah for a "American experience" with Mormon families.
We went boating periodically throughout the summer with the Allens, Prattes and Hucks. Went to Yuba Lake (which has to be a tradition now...great place for camping and boating and it is close!). Had a Talbot family reunion at the end of August and celebrated our 15 year anniversary (hopefully we can go on our planned vacation...if Paul's work slows down, not complaining at all, glad he is busy). And I had a miscarriage in the middle of the summer. Other than bleeding for 5 weeks (I know this may be TMI), it was a fanastic summer!!

Stadium of Fire. One of my most favorite thing is the after party after Stadium of Fire. It's in the cougar room and they feed us and then we don't have to wait for the traffic. Just a perk for having my dad on the Freedom Board.



Most of the grandkids after the 4th of July parade. What a bunch!

We weren't planning on hiking this day but just hang around Sundance but last minute we went to Stewarts Falls. It's not a hard hike or long (about 2 miles) but with flip flops it was hard and long! Our feet were filthy! Fun times!

The kids took hours to build this jacuzzi. The sisters would just sit in the shade and talk.

Talbot reunion at Warm River, ID. Kids loved floating the river but it ain't warm!

No comments: