Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Labor Day Weekend





The whole gang-Packers, Gammons, Talbots


So I have a group of women I walk with every morning. We call it exercise but I call it my "free therapy". Not that I have many problems, but is sure is nice to talk about things with others. I really love these women. They are wonderful women and mothers, a great example to me, and lots of fun. One of the women grew up in Koosharem, UT. Even growing up in UT I have never heard of it (It is a tiny town with limited cell phone coverage). Jennifer and I had nothing to do over Labor Day so we invited ourselves and went to their cabin. It was a fun weekend. We caught crawdads, feed the fish, went fishing (everyone caught at least one fish), shooting guns, and went to church where 90% were in jeans and tshirts. A very different experience. I think the highlight was riding the tractor in the bucket. Such fun memories! Becky, you are so invited next time!!





Catching crawdads with hot dogs.



This is the meetinghouse for church service on Sunday. Over 1000 people were in attendance and they even passed the sacrament! I was impressed. They then had a testimony people where most people started by saying "I grew up here..." We are hoping to someday say " We have been coming here for years for Labor Day..." :)




Linda's dad owns a fish farm. We went and feed the fish this morning. The fish were jumping and splashing as we feed them their pellet food. It was quite a sight.






Fishing or I should say Catching. Everyone caught at least one fish from the pond and they were large fish. We took some home and fried them up. Delicious!!




I think the best part was the tractor ride. All the kids are in the bucket and he took them up high and low and even tilted. They were screaming with delight.

No comments: