Thursday, September 9, 2010

My sister DeLayne

DeLayne came home on Monday. Yeah! I love having her at home. I did not like it when she was in the hospital. I feel much better and more comfortable that she is at home. We do not know anything more regarding her treatments and timeline. She seems to be doing great, though. She moves at snail speed when she walks around but everyday it keeps getting faster. She had her medicine bag removed yesterday (Wednesday) and now just on pain meds so that is an adjustment. We are in the process of starting a blog for her so she can write down her thoughts, feelings, and memories of this experience. I think it will be therapeutic for her and keep everyone informed.
Some thoughts I have had during the worst weekend of my life. I still can't answer why now but what gives me peace and comfort is that DeLayne has a way with people. She can influence people like no one else. This experience will bring about many miracles not only in her life but in other people's life that are affected by DeLayne. There is a bigger picture than we can even comprehend. We must have faith and trust the Lord.
As a family we all gathered together on Monday to talk about our feelings and emotions. This is affecting all of us and we all need to express ourselves and support each other through this. We talked about "giving up" something if that means it would heal DeLayne. What in your life would you be willing to improve upon so that His blessings will pour upon her. It made me think of the people of Limhi in the Book of Mormon who were not living right and had when they had trials they prayed to the Lord but the Lord was slow to answer them. That is why we go to church every Sunday, why we have Family Home Evening, why we read the scriptures because when something unexpected happens the Lord is bound to hear us because we have been living righteously.
I know there will be more heartache, struggles, and tears. As for now, it is good to have DeLayne home.

No comments: