Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Love is in the air...

My 4 year old daughter said to me that she kissed the neighbor boy. I started prying a little bit and asked her to show me where she kissed the boy. She showed me that she kissed him on the lips and he kissed her on the cheek. She said they were playing 'Brad and Brandalee'. Brad and Brandalee are my sister and brother-in-law who have been married for about 9 months! Now I know you are all saying that's nice!, that they are newleyweds and are entitled to be lovey-dovey and hold hands, kiss, hug, wihisper sweet nothings of love and affection to each other. That's all fine to do because they are married, right? Wrong and I will explain why. You have to understand that I am a huge fan of no PDA. It makes me uncomfortable and I always feel it's fake because behind close doors tells another story. Now I'm not talking about holding hands or giving your husband a "you look so good tonight" look (you all know what I mean). What I am talking about are those that can't keep their hands off each other, bodies are tangled up on the couch, or kiss after each sentence. The world does not need to see that you love each other. I don't need to see that you love each other. And apparently, my 4 year old doesn't need to see that you love each other. Don't get me wrong, it's great to be in love and show love to each other. I love LOVE and love being in love. Even my motto in life is centered around my favorite quote, "The Greatest thing in life is to love and to be loved in return". I'm just asking to show your love to each other at home in your own private quarters, please. I could not agree more with the statement-Get your own room! And now that I have a child who thinks it's okay to do something that she sees others do, I may have to lock her up until she's 30! So if you happen to be around my children, tone it down, please. They seem to act out what they see. The funny part is Paul and I kiss at home and show our affection to each other in front of her but yet she wasn't playing Mom and Dad, she was playing my sister and brother-in-law. I explained to her that only people who are married can kiss. I'm not sure if she got it. Oh no, she's only 4 and already demanding love and affection from a boy. What am I going to do?!?

No comments: