Saturday, May 12, 2012

My favorite "adopted" family

When I was in high school I got a job in Atlanta, GA as a nanny. My brother, who lives in GA, had a friend who needed a nanny. Little did I know what it would do to my life including meeting my future husband, training me to be a mother and assoiating with a wonderful family who I admire to this day. I did it for 3 summers. They truly are my most favorite memories.
Their 5th child got married in April so we flew to California for the wedding. I can't believe that the are growing up. The youngest is graduating from high school. She was born the 2nd year I was there. It should make me feel old but I still feel young. :) It was a wonderful wedding. We couldn't stay for the whole reception because we had to catch the last flight but I loved being with the Platt family. The reception was so cute decorated like a carnival with popcorn, and cotton candy. It was adorable. Annie was the one getting married and I remember she would sing "You got me wrapped around your finger" by the Cranberries all day long when she was young.
My adopted children. I take credit for all of their beauty and successes. I practically raised them! :) They really are great kids to no credit of mine.

4 comments:

Shopkins said...

SO glad you came!!! It was so good to see you and paul! You guys are the cutest parents ever.

Jenna said...

What a wonderful post. It was so good to see you guys there. Hope to see you guys soon. We sure love you!

Brent said...

It is impossible not to love someone that loves your children. The Platt family was eternally blessed to have Paul and you in our life. How special we all felt for you both to come to this special day with us. It is so weird you have as many children as Mamie and I. Or will have. Tell Paul sorry I missed his call. Your support and prayers are heard and appreciated. Love Brent

Meredith said...

How am I the last Platt to discover your blog? You do get at least 1/2 credit for our beauty. It was so fun having you and Paul come out and visit.