Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween



I HATE Halloween. Okay hate is too hard of a word. Nope, can't think of anything else but hate. This year was actually less stressful and less busy than most, I think because it fell on a Saturday and I could do all the school parades and parties the day before. I bought their costumes months in advance (on sale, of course) which elimated half of the stress associated with Halloween. Now it's what to do with all that candy. Did anyone see that Family Circus comic in the Sunday paper? I totally feel that way as my kids are asking for candy first thing in the morning, just wait until AFTER breakfast. Plus, I will probably gain weight from all the candy that I eat because I don't want them to eat it but don't want to throw away.
We went to a pumpkin weigh-in and saw HUGE pumpkins. The biggest pumpkin weighed in over 1000 lbs.

All of these pumpkins were grown in our garden (and the corn stalks, didn't get much corn but love the stalks for decoration).

No comments: