Sunday, May 17, 2009

My favorite deals to date

As I have said in earlier blogs, I love to shop with coupons!!! I have to show my new food storage room. Remember in March when we built these shelves? Now look at them. We are well on our way to a year supply of food. And I did it with coupons and sales. I even stayed on our monthly budget of $400 (includes grocery and household items and eating out) for a family of 7. It is true that if you follow the prophets, you will be blessed.
Here are some of my favorite deals so far.
All the cereal-$1.00 or less
B-B-Q sauce-free
Capri sun-free
Pace picante sauce-free
Soda pop-$1 each/12 pack case
Deodorant/Body wash/Toothpaste/soap-free
Diapers-$2


One of my favorite shopping trips (so far) was at Albertsons. I bought $81.92 worth of groceries but with coupons it took it down to $26.65 (savings of 55.27) but I sent in a rebate for $20 so the whole thing cost me $6.65! I did not take a picture of all of the food (too much) but I did take a picture of the receipt (picture below). The receipt is over 2 feet long.

The picture below was an AWESOME day. I bought all the items for only (drum roll, please) $13.00. If you can't make out the picture, I bought 4 easy macs, 4 capri suns, 20 mac & cheese, 3 chocolate bliss candy, 3 chex mix, 2 trial size sunscreen, 3 boxes of cereal, and 2 toothbrushes. Not pictures are 6 apples that I bought for free (at SuperTarget with coupon).


Everything in this picture was free except for the fruit snacks (50 cents each) and the juice was buy 1 get one free.


It is a different way of shopping than I ever have done before. I only buy what is on sale and usually with a coupon. It takes me a lot longer to shop now because I have to figure out what to buy and go to multiple shopping stores but I love the satisfaction of getting a good deal. It brings a smile to my face.

1 comment:

Jilleen said...

So do you do the "grocery smarts" thing or do you figure this all out on your own?