Friday, October 19, 2012

Yellowstone-Fall Break




Paul was going to take the scouts camping (actually canyoneering) but because of flash floods it was cancelled so the family went to Yellowstone instead! This has been a dream of mine. That is right, I have never been to Yellowstone. It's such a crazy thought since Paul's parents live an hour away. Every time we visit I suggest we go to Yellowstone but we can never fit it in. My expectations are high because I  have waited so long and within minutes of entering the park we see a HUGE bison. It was so close we could see it breathing and its massive size. That was all I needed to see. My dream was fulfilled. I thought it was so cool but of course, Yellowstone did not disappoint. Not only was it a beautiful day but it wasn't even crowded (of what people told us) and we saw animals! Bison, Deer, Buffalo, Coyotes, Gysers, Waterfalls. The bison was so close to us that I got nervous and made Paul roll up the window. It was so AWESOME!! We drove around and came to this cute little town within the park. It had a sign of deer crossing which Paul and I laughed at but sure enough there were tons of deer. The only thing I would say was a dissappointment was Old Faithful. It wasn't as big or amazing as I thought it would be but still cool. We also meet up with some good friends...Ellis and Christensens. After a long full day at the park we drove home getting in around 2am (we had to get back for a BYU game, of course). I can now cross off Yellowstone from my bucket list. Totally worth it! Totally recommend it!



Love this little town. Would love to stay here overnight sometime



No comments: