Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Happy Jetting (JetBlue logo)


My husband just got a PT job with JetBlue. We feel pretty lucky considering they only hire less than 10% of the applications. I had heard that JetBlue has great benefits for PT and you can work at home so I told Paul to apply. Paul applied in October and they contacted us in April. It took a month or so for the background check, etc but now he is in training. 4pm-midnight for 4 weeks. It is up in Salt Lake so he has to leave at 3pm. I'm not use to my husband being gone so long or so late. I'm use to him working about 4-6 hours a day. I don't like it but I know it's a huge blessing for our family. I just have to get use to it. After training he will be able to work from home 4 nights a week (and it changes every 3 months) and still do appraisals during the day. The benefits are really great. Finally our whole family will be covered. Preston has been uninsurable since his seizures. The only way we were covered is if we pay a huge premium or be covered under the umbrella of a company. We consider this to be a tender mercy from the Lord. He is watching over us and protecting us. We are grateful.

Oh and the flight benefits aren't that bad either. All family members get to fly free plus Paul's parents plus we get 4 one-way tickets every quarter any where JetBlue flies. So many options now. A whole new world has opened up for our family. We are excited!

1 comment:

Jilleen said...

That's great! Congratulations! Hopefully the training will feel like it goes fast so you won't be missing him so much... I know how that is. :)